Pages

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Sephora V.I.B. 20% Off Event: Review Too Faced Beautiful Dreamer Collection

Did all of you beauty junkies (me included) get your beauty product fix from Sephora's V.I.B. event?! As some of you may know, I have a serious weak spot for makeup and beauty products, so I wanted to take advantage of the 20% off! I actually went there with one product in mind that I really wanted, which was the LORAC Bejeweled Day and Night Jewelry Box, but sadly, it was sold out =( But, I did stumbled through the aisles and found myself staring at this Too Faced set, which was soooo cute and pretty, I just could not pass it up! So, today I just decided to do a more personal makeup blog post, a little review on this set and my thoughts about it. Hope you like!
Happy Hump Day!


Too Faced
'Beautiful Dreamer Makeup Collection' $46
Products it Contains:
Sun Bunny Bronzing Powder and Who's Your Poppy Blush Duo
Eyeshadow Collection: Teddy Bear, Blonde Ambition, Totally Toasted and Satin Sheets
Shadow Insurance in 'Candlelight'
Lip Gloss in 'Pink Swan'
Lashgasm Mascara in 'Black'
Pink Swan Hot Air Balloon Zip Up Cosmetic Case

Review
Sun Bunny Bronzing Powder and Who's Your Poppy Blush Duo: This product is very very similar to the Nar's Orgasm/Laguna Blush and Bronzing Duo, which is actually one of my all time favorite products. The only real difference is that the Too Faced duo isn't as sparkly and shimmery. The bronzer works great on the cheeks as well as the edges of the face, giving you a slight glow, which is just barely noticeable. It really does a great job warming up the face. The blush is a sparkly peachy pink, which is well pigmented. You only need a few swipes on the apples of your cheeks and you've got a baby doll cheeks! It does have some golden shimmer in it which actually looks amazing in natural lighting. The compact it comes in also has a mirror, and the design on it is really cute!

Eyeshadow Collection: Teddy Bear, Blonde Ambition, Totally Toasted and Satin Sheets: 'Teddy Bear 'is a matte taupe brown color, which I feel is a universal color that everyone could use, whether your contouring your eye, nose, or even to fill in your brows. 'Blonde Ambition 'is a very shimmery gold which is very pigmented, so a little goes a long way, unless you want to look like a disco ball! Great for the lid, inner corner, lower lashline, or even on your temples as a highlight! 'Totally Toasted' is a bronzy brown, which is also very shimmery, but works great on the lid to create a smoky brown. You could also use this in your crease as well for added definition. Lastly'Satin Sheets' is a light pink with gold shimmer, which I found works best on the brow bone as a highlight, or you could use this as your inner corner. All the colors are very pretty and shimmery, accept for Teddy Bear, and they have a great color payoff, which is a big plus! 

Shadow Insurance in 'Candlelight': Ever since falling in love with the regular Shadow Insurance, I knew I wouldn't be disappointed with 'Candelight'. It has the same consistency and texture as the regular shadow insurance, accept that it leaves a shimmery gold color behind, which works perfectly if you want that sparkly effect on your lids. It holds the eyeshadow very well and keeps it in place throughout the day. This was a sample sized product, which I believe is the only sample that came with the set, the other products are full sized.

Lip Gloss in 'Pink Swan': When I saw this product, I thought, oh no... its wayyyy too shimmery! But, it actually didn't look that bad when worn by itself. I would still recommend using this product over a lipstick though because the pale pink tint isn't really that noticeable. Only thing bad I can say, is that it's very very sticky! I had lipgloss in my hair and all over my face when I wore it, but good thing it smells amazing! It actually smells like Bubble Gum, and it even tastes like it too =P

Lashgasm Mascara in 'Black': This mascara is actually really good, which surprised me some. The wand is skinny and I believe it's made out of silicone, it's not a bristle wand. The silicone bristles help to really define and separate the lashes, which is perfect for this type of formula, which could easily clump, but the wand did its job by separating lashes. It also helped to lengthen and it was easily buildable to add some volume.

Pink Swan Hot Air Balloon Zip Up Cosmetic Case: My favorite thing about the whole entire set is this makeup case! Its soooo adorable! I love it! Its a zip up cosmetic case which is about 5 inches in length, 4.5 inches height, and about 2 inches width, so it can hold a whole handful of products. It doesnt have any pockets on the inside, but the case is just so pretty, who cares! =)
 

No comments: