Pages

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Beauty Picks of the Month: August

For our August Beauty Picks, we decided to highlight some of the newest beauty sets that have just come out at Sephora, that we thought were noteworthy!

Here they are!!



This kit that Smashbox came out with is just amazing! You basically have everything you would need to create the perfect look for day or night. The unique thing about this palette is that it comes with 4 brow powders AND 8 cream eyeliners, which a lot of the palettes out there really lack. This is a great bang for your buck type of product!



Too Faced always has the prettiest packaging! All the products in this kit are great, especially the blush and bronzer duo which is similar to the infamous NARS 'Laguna/Orgasm' duo, a great alternative at a lesser price.



The thing I love most about this palette is that it comes with an even number of matte and shimmery eye shadows, with 8 each. A lot of palettes come with a majority of shimmery shadows, but LORAC has always been good about including matte shadows along with their eye palettes, which I love! However, their eye primer isn't the best, so I would stick to one that you use on a daily basis.


Stila 'Lovely in London' Palette $16.00




I've always loved these collectible destination palettes by Stila. They are compact so they are definitely travel friendly, and they usually come with shades that you would actually use together. This year they have also added their convertible color on the bottom which can be used for cheeks or lips! A lot better than the powder blush it used to come with. I chose London because it has a great mix of colors to use for the upcoming Fall season!


Any new favorite beauty picks you would like to share?




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I seriouѕlу loѵe your blog.. Ехcellent colors & thеme.

Did you builԁ thіs site yourself?
Please гeply back as I'm trying to create my own personal website and would love to learn where you got this from or exactly what the theme is named. Thank you!
Here is my web site :: 925 Silver Anklet

Unknown said...

Hey! Im so glad to hear that you like our blog! I use the platform Blogger and the theme I used is Watermark, but I customized most of it with the colors, layout and fonts. I didnt do any html or coding, so its pretty simple. Our website www.augustwrinkle.com is built through Wordpress, which is a little more advanced, it involves a bunch of css coding.. Hope that help you a bit! If you have any other questions please let me know! I would love to help as much as I can!