Pages

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Book Worm: 'The Last Templar' by Raymond Khoury


The last book fair I visited, I was on a mission to expand my reading horizons! I picked up a few books by authors that I wasn't too familiar with. They were all under $2 so what did I have to lose!

I loved Dan Brown's 'Da Vinci Code' and 'Angels and Demons', so I thought I would get this book in the hopes that it would be similar.

REVIEW

It has the similarities to Dan Brown's 'Da Vinci Code' with many historical references and also a religious spin, which made it a little uncomfortable to read at times because it questions the foundation of Christianity, which I thought came off a bit harsh at times. I got confused whenever the story went back into time, like a reminiscing of sorts, so I had to go back and refresh my memory about who was who.

Although it was a bit hard to read, it did carry a good momentum throughout which kept me going. The chapters are all very short, the structure of a James Patterson book, which helps. And also, I wanted to find out what the heck they were searching for!

The 'love story' that came about in this book was a bit dry and I didn't feel the connection, but I realized why it was thrown in there. It just seemed necessary.

Overall, if you are a Dan Brown fan, you would probably enjoy this read =)

There are I think two other books to this series that didn't get as good reviews from what I've read.. but who knows.. to each his own!


Have you read this book? Are you a Dan Brown fan?


No comments: