Pages

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Model Spotlight: Tasha Johnson

If you've taken a peek at any of our lookbooks, seen our behind the scenes videos, or even just browsed through our website, you might recognize the face of model Tasha Johnson! We thought we would share a little bit about the girl behind the lens! Here are some fun facts about Tasha!


See her in action in our Behind the Scenes footage from our latest Summer 2012 Lookbook in our previous post!




Photography: Kaoru Kohashigawa from August Wrinkle Summer 2012 Lookbook


 Where are you originally from? Town.. Honolulu, Hawaii
What ethnicity are you? Hawaiian, Japanese, Chinese, Irish, Filipino, American Indian (basically mixed plate)
When did you first start modeling and why? 2008 - A photographer approached me at work and asked me to be featured in Hawaii's MMA Magazine. Loved it ever since!
Describe your style. I have 3 part time jobs so I'm usually in some kind of uniform, so on my off days you'll see me in jeans and a t-shirt =)
Hobbies? Dancing hula and Tahitian. Free diving.
Favorite food or type of food? I love Japanese food! Sushi and miso butterfish!
Favorite movie? Tangled
Dream vacation spot? Anywhere with a beach and there has to be good food!!
Best part about summer? I spend every day off at the beach and in the water.
Do you have any big dreams for the future? My biggest dream is to work in Japan. Whether its for modeling or dancing hula.




Photography: Joseph Diez from August Wrinkle Spring 2012 Lookbook




2 comments:

That Girl in Pearls said...

I Love stories where people just kind of stumble into modeling. I think that's the coolest thing ever.

Hope you're doing Lovely,
That Girl in Pearls

Anonymous said...

Hmm it appears like your website ate my first comment (it was super long) so
I guess I'll just sum it up what I submitted and say, I'm thoroughly enjoying your blog. I too am an aspiring blog blogger but I'm still new to the whole thing. Do you have any suggestions for newbie blog writers? I'd definitely appreciate it.
Also visit my website ; make spicy mayo